Walker Mitchell Engineering Ltd have 2 Vacancies for CNC Vertical Boring Machinists. **IMMEDIATE START**
The main role consists of Setting, programming and machining operations of a wide range of components in a wide range of materials (Must have experience of Heidenhain controls)
To ensure that all assigned operations are completed safely, accurately and on time, to a high standard.
Main activities include:
- Setting, programming and machining operations using Heidenhain controls.
- Operating a CNC vertical borer and working to tight tolerances
- Keeping the supervisor informed of the status of work as completed
- Experience of producing Oil and Gas components.
- Additional experience of conventional turning and horizontal boring being an advantage.
- Use company tools and other equipment as appropriate and take responsibility for daily maintenance of all equipment
- Ensure that valid risk assessments have been completed for all aspects of production activities and that any identified risks are minimised, assisting with the completion of risk assessments where required
- Assist other Production Technicians with workload as required
- Participate in audits as required
- Use PPE as identified in risk assessments or other related safety documents.
- Applicant Experience – must be apprentice trained and time served.
We are an ISO 14001 & 9001 accredited company,
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.
Closing Date Fri 18th January.